Who am I?
I am a detail-oriented, professional technologist with an eye for quality and an intense love of aviation.
Are you LinkedIn??
Some of my personal achievements
- Private Pilot License (Airplane, Single Engine, Land)
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Information Technology (3.99GPA)
- RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE) – 809003383109237 (not current)
- Associate of Applied Science Degree, Electronic Systems (3.8GPA)
- U.S. Air Force Technical Sergeant (E-6)
- U.S. Air Force Commendation Medal Recipient (2001, 1996 citation)
- 103rd ACS Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year – 2001
- Southwest Asia Service Medal (w/ campaign device) Recipient (1995)
- U.S. Air Force Achievement Medal Recipient (1995)
- U.S. Air Force Electronic Principles Honor Graduate (99.5% academic average)
My professional life
As I mentioned, I am a professional technologist. I love working with technology. For more than twenty-four year, I have managed and maintained data processing environments for the U.S. Armed Forces and the financial services industry. Additionally, I served as a member of the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Air Force Reserve, and the Connecticut Air National Guard. I separated from the military permanently in February 2004.
My experience breaks down into the following categories:
- Project Manager
- Senior System Administrator (Sun Solaris, RedHat Linux, Microsoft Windows)
- Database Administrator (Oracle, Sybase ASE, MySQL)
- Electronic Technician (FCC GROL: PG-GB-014894)
About the site…
Most of the site’s content is written in W3C HTML5 HyperText Markup Language (HTML). That is a fancy way of saying I am making an effort to maintain strict compliance with the HTML standards published by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
A full list of the technology underlying the site is as follows: